The Agency for Science, Technology, and Research in Singapore call candidates for Singapore International Graduate Awards. The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). This scholarship is available to any graduate candidates undertaking research in any one the two following
- Biomedical Sciences.
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The Singapore International Graduate Award is open to all international graduates who have a passion for research and excellent academic results In addition to that, candidates must hood skills in written and spoken English. Furthermore, applying candidates must have good reports from academic referees.
The Singapore International Graduate Awards is the fully-funded opportunity that covers the overall academic as well as the living cost of a candidate for his/her four years duration of Ph.D. Program. The scholarship includes
- Tuition fees waiver provision
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500 as well as one-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
Candidates can apply for Singapore International Graduate Student Award 2021 via this link. Moreover, candidates might need the following documents to complete the application process
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports (All transcripts must in English translation)
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
- 2 recommendation reports (referees must submit the reports on the online portal by themselves).
However, the University might want you to submit the evidence of English language or English language proficiency test scores as part of the university admission requirement. So, you might need GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results in some cases.
The last date to submit an application for January 2021 intake is on 1 June 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).