New Applications for Fully Funded UNU-WIDER Fellowship Program 2020 in Finland now opened. Visiting Ph.D. Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their Ph.D. dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, and to work with our researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Visiting Ph.D. fellows typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. During their time in Helsinki, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Benefits of UNU-WIDER Fellowship Program in Finland
UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the costs of travel to and from the location of your Ph.D. granting institution, medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 1,600 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship.
- Applicants must be in a Ph.D. program and have shown the ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- UNU-WIDER particularly encourages applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers.
- The program is especially for researchers at the later stages of their Ph.D.
How to apply for UNU-WIDER Fellowship Program in Finland 2020?
UNU-WIDER only receives online applications for the Visiting Ph.D. Fellowship Programme twice each year. Deadlines for submission of applications are 31 March and 30 September 23:59 UTC+3 each year.
As part of your application, you need to upload your curriculum vitae. Your Ph.D. supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, as an email to the following address: email@example.com. The reference letter will certify that you are in a Ph.D. program at your university.
|Type of Opportunity||Fellowships|
|Deadline||31 March 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org|