Scawab Opportunity Network (SON) has expanded its categories to include Residencies so as to reach those who may be interested. Applications are now open for Fully Funded Art Omi Dance Residency Program 2020. If you would like more of these opportunities, click here.
Moreover, Art Omi: Dance brings together ten accomplished dance artists from around the world for three weeks of creative exchange each summer. Residents experience each other’s creative process and the freedom to play in this collaborative residency program.
Fully Funded Art Residency Program 2020
Art Omi is a not-for-profit arts center with a 120-acre sculpture and architecture park and gallery, residency programs for international artists, writers, translators, musicians, architects, and dancers.
Furthermore, Art Omi believes that exposure to internationally diverse creative voices fosters tolerance and respect, raises awareness, inspires innovation, and ignites change. Also, bqy forming a community with creative expression as its common denominator, Art Omi creates a sanctuary for the artistic community and the public to affirm the transformative quality of the art.
Moreover, the major emphasis of the Fully Funded Art Omi Dance Residency Program 2020 is not a performance product; rather, a gently facilitated process of experimentation and collaboration. Also, this exploration is enhanced by providing resources that dancers and choreographers often lack: space, time and other artists with whom to work. The result is a model of the creative process. And community building that envisions consequences for the participants beyond the sphere of art-making.
Likewise, informal showings each summer invite the public to experience the residents’ creative process, collaborations, and the development of their ideas.
The Art Omi Dance Residency Program 2020 has the following benefits:
- Art Omi residency programs offer artists the vital opportunity of space and time to create.
- Similarly, lodging, meals and studio space on Art Omi’s beautiful 200-acre campus in the Hudson Valley are provided at no cost to the residents.
- Art Omi: Dance welcomes professional dancers and choreographers. They may be of all styles who have the desire to share ideas and processes with dancers from around the world.
- Applicants should not have specific projects in mind but should come open to working with others on jointly conceived projects.
- Similarly, applications for the summer residencies are accepted each winter.
How to apply to Fully Funded Art Residency Program 2020?
All applicants apply online through the official website. Further, they need to submit the following documents along with their online application:
- Bio, photo,
- brief statement,
- professional letter of recommendation,
- examples of recent choreographic works and presentations,
- examples of companies or projects worked in as a performer,
- training history,
- two-three video samples of work as a performer,
- improviser, and/or choreographer
|Type of Opportunity||Residency|
|Deadline||02 January 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org|