The Todai Fellowship provides financial support to international students of excellent academic achievement in their academic research in the doctoral courses at The University of Tokyo. Moreover, it grants a scholarship to the students as well as promotes the admission of international students from various countries.
The University of Tokyo is one of Japan’s most prestigious universities. It was founded in 1877 as the first imperial university and is situated as a public research university. The bursary is available for international students and aims to provide some funding help in their doctoral studies as well as to promote admission from various countries in Japan. A doctoral course of the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences at the university:
- Transdisciplinary Sciences.
- Environmental Studies.
- Materials, Energy, Information, Complex systems Life sciences, The environment as well as Bioinformatics.
Benefits of the University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship
The fellows successful to receive Todai Fellowship will receive a stipend of JPY 200,000/month. However, fellowship recipients must not submit an application for tuition exemption. In addition, receiving scholarships from any other organization is prohibited once you become a Fellowship recipient.
Eligibility for the Todai Fellowship
Applications are eligible for the University of Tokyo Fellowship if the candidates:
- are applying for admission to a doctoral course at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences.
- Those who hold a valid visa to stay in Japan as a College Student
- However, applicants applying and/or planning to apply for fellowships or scholarships provided by private organizations are, in principle, ineligible
How to apply for the University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship?
In order to apply for the University of Tokyo Todai Fellowship, the applicants will require to download and complete the application form. Further, they will also require to submit the necessary documents:
- Application Form for Todai Fellowship
- Recommendation letter from your former supervisor (preferably from your master program supervisor)
- Transcript of graduate school as well as undergraduate school
- Study Plan
- List of past achievements
- Also, copy of presented papers
Further, applicants must send the University of Tokyo Fellowship Application before the deadline via postal mail at:
International Liaison Office, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, Room 120, Environmental Studies Building
5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships|
|Deadline||26 November 2019|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Organizer||University of Tokyo|
|Contact the email@example.com|