The University of Basel announces a PhD position in Nursing Science. The open position is within the “DIALOGUE Study: Using digital health to improve care for families with predisposition to hereditary cancer.” The study received funding from the Swiss National Science Foundation and is a bilateral collaboration with S. Korea. Moreover, the specific aims of the programs are to
- Develop a web-based platform to support communication about cancer predisposition among HBOC families.
- Expand a web-based research infrastructure developed in Switzerland for a family-based cohort to S. Korea.
- Evaluate the efficacy of the web-based platform.
- Assess outcomes regarding the successful implementation of the platform in Switzerland and in S. Korea.
The successful applicant will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (Prof. Dr. Maria Katapodi) and collaborate with members of the CASCADE Consortium in Switzerland and the KOHBRA Consortium in S. Korea.
- Assist in the development of the online platform.
- Following, assume responsibility for recruitment of participants, data entry and data management, development of baseline and follow up surveys, data analyses, as well as dissemination of findings with manuscripts and conference presentations.
- Also, assist in efforts to obtain additional funding for the DIALOGUE Study.
- Furthermore, support Prof. Dr. Katapodi in academic and management tasks.
Requirements for PhD Position at the University of Basel
- Master’s degree in clinical research, epidemiology, nursing, psychology, public health, or other health-related sciences with outstanding grades evidence of scholarship.
- Strong quantitative methodology and statistical skills and good knowledge of common computer programs (e.g. Word) and statistical analyses programs such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- Proficiency in English and German/Swiss German (speaking and writing).In addition to that, proficiency in French and/or Italian (speaking and writing) is an asset.
- Ability to work independently in an interdisciplinary and international team, flexibility as well as ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Furthermore, experience in oncology and/or cancer epidemiology and/or web-based platforms is advantageous.
The University of Basel offers salary and funding according to the official payment structure of the Swiss National Science Foundation for Ph.D. level students. In addition to that, the candidate will have opportunities to take part in various conferences and training activities.