The applications for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program 2020 have opened. Interested candidates can apply until February 5, 2020. The program supports exceptional early-career researchers with funding, mentorship, a global network, and professional skills development.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
- The candidates can be based anywhere in the world.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Also, scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
- In 2020, the CIFAR research programs eligible to accept applications are
- Child & Brain Development
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science as well as Quantum Materials
The selected candidates will receive the following advantages from the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Also, mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- In addition to that, opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Furthermore, specialized leadership and communication skills training and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program provides: