The education system in Germany is one that several students would want to experience at least once in their lifetime. Having a scholarship opportunity that can make that happen makes it even more appealing. Scawab Opportunities Network (SON) understands this, hence our commitment to bringing you these opportunities. If you would like to check out more Scholarship opportunities, click here.
The Friedrich Ebert Foundation study grant awards scholarships to German and foreign students and doctoral candidates. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
- students from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe;
- outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement);
- social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy;
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network;
- admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany;
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination program or EUR 850 in a Master’s course. In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
How to apply?
Share this Scholarship Opportunities with others also by clicking the share buttons below.
For questions, help or more information, share your thoughts with us by commenting below.
Don’t Wait, click the official web page below to apply now!