The University of California Berkeley invites international undergraduate students to apply for a fully-funded Olive Fellowship. Berkeley Global Science Institute’s UC Berkeley Olive Fellowship is open to all outstanding undergraduate chemistry students to participate in the Laboratory Research Experience Program (LRE) at UC Berkeley. This scholarship is particularly open for students who are in financial need.
- This program is open to all the undergraduate students (Sophomore, Junior, or Senior standing) from the US and abroad.
- Applicants must have General and Organic Chemistry (with accompanying laboratory classes) students.
- Successful applicants will be among the top 10% of their respective class as well as must demonstrate fluency in English.
- First-generation or low-income university students. Similarly, students who do not have a family history of higher education or who come from a low-income background will have priority.
- In addition to that, the history of academic achievement in their undergraduate studies.
The University of California Berkeley is a fully-funded opportunity for students. Overall, the fellowship covers the entire LRE tuition (USD $12,000) and also provides an additional USD $5,000 stipend to the fellow to cover program-related expenses (travel, visas, accommodation, meals while at Berkeley).
Interested candidates must complete the general LRE program application to take part in the scholarship. In addition to that, candidates must prove the financial need and write outstanding personal essays.
April 10, 2020, is the last date to submit an application.