The semester is almost coming to an end, but there are still Scholarship opportunities you can apply for. Scawab Opportunity Network (SON) has an updated list you can check out here. Applications are now open for Flinders University Scholarships 2020 in Australia. Flinders University encompasses enhancing education opportunities through various community engagements. Further, the university is among the affordable universities in Australia.
With a good standing in QS ranking (within the top 500) Flinders University provides a wide range of subjects for its higher education. Additionally, Flinders University provides international scholarships to outstanding students seeking undergraduate as well as postgraduate studies and research.
Promoting the areas of STEM, the College of Science and Engineering at Flinders University each year offers a small number of research awards to applicants for postgraduate research scholarships.
The scholarships pay an indexed stipend of approximately $27,596 pa tax-free (2020 full rates) and include a Research Training (RTP) fee offset for recipients who are Australian Citizens or who hold Permanent Resident status. The RTP place provides an exemption from tuition fees. However, International Students are not eligible for an RTP. Further information regarding tuition fees for international applicants is available in the Conditions of Award document below.
Awards will only be available to those who:
- are Australian citizens, or New Zealand citizens, or granted permanent resident status; at the closing date of applications; or be an international student who has completed an Honours degree or equivalent qualification at an Australian University no more than two years prior to the application closing date
- Further, completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement. Also, have an appropriate Honours 1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree
- Likewise, are enrolling as full-time students (part-time awards are available in certain circumstances) in the College of Science and Engineering; and
- Moreover, will commence or are continuing a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research; and
- Also, they have had their candidature accepted in the area in which they propose to undertake their studies.
This award will normally be offered on the basis of academic merit and research potential to the highest-ranked eligible postgraduate research scholarship applicant(s), who do not obtain an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship or Flinders University Research Scholarship.
The College of Science and Engineering Research Awards are tenable at Flinders University for up to three years for a Doctorate by research, or up to two years for a Masters’s degree, subject to satisfactory progress. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree may be deductible from the maximum period of tenure.
However, awardees must continue to apply in the next and possibly subsequent main scholarship round, in an attempt to secure an Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship or a Flinders University Research Scholarship.
Applications for Flinders University Scholarships 2020
Applicants must submit their applications for postgraduate research scholarships and admission electronically. If you are a current Flinders University student or graduated within the previous 12 months you can complete and submit an application using the My Application tab in the Student Information System.
If you are an International student from Flinders you may apply for the scholarship via the student information system. However, you must apply for admission to the degree you are planning to undertake via the International Centre.
Applicants who are willing to apply for the Flinders University Postgraduate Research Scholarships may submit their application no later than 28 June 2020.
|Type of Opportunity||Scholarships|
|Deadline||28 June 2020|
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Contact the organizer||+61 8 8201 2727|