The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Brunei Darussalam offers fully-funded Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships to international students for the 2020 / 2021 academic session.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2020 is open to all the foreign students tenable in Brunei Darussalam, undertaking Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Applicants can be the citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth, and OIC member countries. In addition to that, applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs. Similarly, s/he must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st of July 2020. Furthermore, this award is not open to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships covers the tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the program. In addition to tuition fees, the successful recipient will also get the following facilities
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course.
- A monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00 as well as a monthly meal allowance of BND$150.00.
- An annual book allowance of BND$600.00 and accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic.
- Baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the program, at a maximum amount of.
- Furthermore, the scholarship covers health insurance for the duration of the whole program.
- Conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic and also should respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam.
- Obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam as well as refrain from engaging in political activities.
- Undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affair.