The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program is a scholarship program that enables young managers worldwide. Moreover, the grant covers travel, subsistence, admission, tuition, and other approved expenses to inspire and engage promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship
The candidates successful to receive Japan-WCO scholarship will receive expences that will cover the candidate’s entire stary at Japan. Moreover, the scholarship program provides:
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. However, the candidates may not ask for the increment to cover family members. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- Admission and tuition fees.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.
The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2019). While the current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and the annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2019).
Who is eligible for the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship?
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement are preferable. As well as candidates should work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2020.
- Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least.
How to apply for the Japan-WCO Scholarship?
Candidates can apply for the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program by completing and submitting the online application process. Moreover, the candidates will require to provide the necessary documentation to complete the application.
The deadline for the Human Resource Development Program is currently unavailable. However, candidates are encouraged to apply early.