The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partnership setting.
About the Award: The Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy is a dialogue and advanced training course that brings together young professionals from rising powers and from Europe.Its overarching purpose is to support the development of future change makers who are addressing global challenges and are dedicated to transformative change.
Type: Training, Internship
Eligibility: Prospective participants should
- work in a governmental organisation, policy-oriented think tank, research institution, civil society or private sector oranisation in an MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa),
- work on issues relevant to global governance such as international trade, international economics and finance, environmental challenges, international security or development cooperation,
- speak English fluently,
- have at least three years of working experience,
- be open to a broad variety of working methods,
- be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies,
- be sensitive to other cultures.
Candidates for the MGG Academy have to be nominated by their organisation and can then participate in a selection process.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- The participants in the MGG Academy are granted ascholarship from the German Federal Government. Thescholarship covers the current costs of living, all MGGrelatedcosts and travel expenses in Germany and Europeas well as health, personal liability and accident insurancesduring the training in Germany.
- The German government’s financial provision for thescholarship ensures an adequate standard of living inGermany. However, the scholarship is not sufficient toprovide financial support for families or relatives, neither fora visit to Germany nor at home.
- The partner institution is requested to cover the travelexpenses for a round trip to and from Germany and to grantthe participant a special leave of absence for the training.
Duration of Programme: The MGG Academy 2020 is taking place from 13 August 2020 – 9 December 2020.