Deadline: December 15, 2019
Applications are open for the Mitacs/DAAD RISE-Globalink Research Internship Program 2020. Mitacs has partnered with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), to support the mobility of students from Canadian universities to German universities and institutions.
The RISE-Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative that offers undergraduate students at Canadian universities in the fields of biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering, earth science, and physics the opportunity to participate in a research project supervised by a doctoral student at a German university or institution.
- Mitacs provides $6,000 to support the student’s travel costs and living expenses
- The DAAD provides health, accident, and liability insurance
- The DAAD provides logistical support to selected students (including assistance finding accommodation in cooperation with mentors at the host institution, information on visas and work permits, and research arrangements)
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or international student
- Students with German citizenship must be able to prove that they have been living outside of Germany for six or more years
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be registered for full-time undergraduate studies at a Canadian university in the field of biology, chemistry, computer science, physics, earth sciences, or engineering (or a closely related field), and remain as such during the RISE-Globalink Research Internship
- Have completed at least two years in a four- or five-year undergraduate degree
- Students in Quebec enrolled in a three-year undergraduate degree must have completed at least one year of their university program
- Demonstrate oral and written fluency in English (working language is English)
- Meet all necessary travel requirements for the intended destination
Applications require the following documents:
- Motivation (cover) letter for each project you apply for
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- List of courses, as a supplement to the official transcript, you will have completed by the time the internship begins
- Up-to-date official university/college transcript
- Verification/certificate of enrollment (download document)
- Letter of reference from a senior academic (holds at least a Ph.D. degree) in your field of study from your home university. Please enter the online form name and email address of your referee. The referee receives automatically an email with a link to upload his letter to your application.