Canadian higher education providers offer loads of scholarships for foreign nationals to study in Canada. The Study in Canada Scholarships program aims to increase opportunities for post-secondary institutions across Canada to welcome international students from around the world. This Scholarship program is open to students from all academic disciplines, for programs of up to two years in duration at the post-secondary level leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute or university in Canada.
The Study in Canada Scholarships covers the following expenses of the international students
- Visa and/or study/work permit fees and/or travel related to the collection of biometrics.
- Economy-class airfare to Canada by the most direct and economical route as well as return airfare upon completion of the scholarship;
- Health insurance.
- Tuition fees as well as other mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months, including four academic terms (up to 16 months) and one spring/summer term (up to 4 months) for those enrolled in two-year programs.
- Living expenses, for the scholarship recipient only, such as accommodation, utilities, and food.
- Ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass.
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Candidates must have the following requirements in order to be eligible for these scholarships
- Must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- Candidate should apply for admission to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution. Similarly, s/he hould indicate their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying;
- Must not already be participating in a scholarship program funded by the Government of Canada;
- May already be enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada;
- S/he must also meet the entrance requirements for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting an application; and
- Furthermore, they should possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
International students only from the following countries are eligible for Study in Canada Scholarships; Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible. NOTE: Palestinian candidate students residing in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are eligible, and may have to provide supporting documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
The application period will be open from January to March 2020.