Catchlight calls applications for the Visual Leadership Fellowship Program 2020. The interested applicants can apply until 4th February 2020.
As part of CatchLight’s commitment to ensuring the long-term sustainability of the visual storytelling field, CatchLight is looking to support innovative leaders who work to help grow and further the profession. CatchLight invests in impact — both on the visual storytelling field overall and the social issues our Fellows address. The CatchLight Visual Leadership Fellowship serves as an incubator — a place for innovative leaders in the visual storytelling field to receive financial support, unlock individual potential, grow and leverage partnerships. The Fellowship cultivates a vibrant community of creative thought leaders whose work will be enhanced by collaboration, mentorship, and networking.
Elements of the Program
The elements of the Visual Leadership Fellowship Program are
- In order to support the production and development of the fellow and project, the organizing committee will distribute a $30,000 award throughout the fellowship year.
- Candidates will participate in person at two key CatchLight programs in San Francisco: a kickoff weekend in May 2020 and a Leadership Retreat in November 2020.
- Also, during the first year, fellows will work on their proposed project with the networking support of CatchLight. CatchLight will offer continued amplification and engagement support for another year past the fellowship year. The nature of the awarded fellow’s work will determine the appropriate partnerships, model, and timeline for distribution.
The candidates must meet the following requirements to be a part of the Visual Leadership Fellowship Program
- The candidates must demonstrate exceptional talent and commitment to the program.
- The Fellowship is open to all people of all ages and all countries who work with visual communication, including videographers and photographers working with lens-led technology for the purposes of visual storytelling, and a specific commitment to effecting change
- Additionally, applicants may work in a broad range of visual formats including photography, video, audio, motion, data visualization or VR.
- Also, the candidates must apply as individuals. Business entities and institutions will not be eligible.
- Furthermore, they should be able to work collaboratively with distribution and impact partners to develop their projects and maximize the reach of the work.
- Applicants must submit one application for themselves only.
- Applicants may submit photographs or other visual formats such as audio, motion or VR.
For more details, the interested candidates can check the official website.